The Ontario Health Study collects health data by asking participants to fill out online questionnaires about their health.
The OHS COVID-19 Questionnaire is now available to participants. Launched in spring 2020 in response to the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic, this questionnaire asks many questions relating to each participants’ experience during this time, such as:
- Your current health conditions and risk factors for COVID-19
- The impact the pandemic has had on your mental, emotional, social and financial wellbeing, what kind of support network you have around you, and how your job status may have been affected
- Whether you were tested for COVID-19 or suspected you had an undiagnosed case of COVID-19
- Which symptoms you may have experienced
- If you were hospitalized or received medical care
- The potential source of your exposure (recent international travel; household community or healthcare contact with a known case; or unknown)
This questionnaire open to all OHS participants, whether or not you experienced symptoms personally. COVID-19 is having a profound impact on all our lives. If you are experiencing stress or anxiety and would like support, you can access a number of mental health services online or by phone.
The COVID-19 Questionnaire is being administered by the regional studies that make up the Canadian Partnership for Tomorrow’s Health (CanPath). Researchers representing other population-based cohorts outside of Canada are administering similar questions to maximize the potential for pooling of findings.
As part of registration for the Study, participants were asked to fill out our baseline questionnaire, which looks at things such as:
- Personal and family health history
- Sleep patterns
- Physical activity
- Emotional health and well-being
- Alcohol and tobacco use
- Environmental exposures