Using OHS Data for Research
Here’s what you need to know about using OHS data for research:
- Collaboration amongst researchers is strongly encouraged to maximize the access to and use of Study data and biosamples.
- Access is time-limited and for approved analyses only.
- Proposals will be accepted for access to:
– Questionnaire data
– Physical measures
– Biorepository materials
- OHS data can be linked with datasets through data custodians such as ICES and Cancer Care Ontario.
- Only de-identified data and biosamples will be provided to investigators.
- Exclusive access to any data and/or biosamples will not be permitted.
- Researchers will not receive exclusive access to an analysis or question of interest.
Applications will be reviewed by our Data Access Committee who will consider:
- Scientific merit of the research project
- Potential impact on research participants
- Appropriate use of limited resources